I'm trying to add participants to give them visibility to an issue. The participant is an external service desk customer, but they never get the email and cannot see the issue when they log in to the external portal.
Hi @Mark Krueger,
Check to see if your notifications and permissions are set properly for your external customers. If they are a participant within the issue they should be able to view through the portal if they are a service desk 'customer'.
Notifications First:
Cog Wheel > Projects > (Choose your project) > Notifications (you'll want to add like you see below)
I figured out the reason why I can't assign participants. Its because when I create an issue, the request type is never pulled in. Once a request type is selected, then I can add participants. I can't figure out how to add the request type field to my create screen so that it can be selected when I create cases. After searching your help site extensively I wasn't able to come up with a solution. Any suggestions?
Hey @Mark Krueger
Try editing it within the ticket where you highlighted.
If you have request types set up for the specific issuetype you should be able to select one that is connected to the issuetype.
If you do not have request types, you can add some by going to the project > Request Types and you'll see the below image. Let me know if this helps.
I have 2 request types already set up. When portal customers create issues, the request type fills in and everything works well. I can select my participants and they can see the issue. The only problem now is...when I create a case while on the service desk admin page, (using the create button on the top of the service desk admin page) request type is not a field that's available to select. Therefore when I create a case, I can't fill in the request type. It's not a big deal to select a request type after the issue is created, however I was hoping to add that field to my create page so that I can just select it while I'm initially creating the issue. Then I wouldn't have to take the extra step of going in to the issue and selecting a request type.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.