BMT SMART are looking into automating the creation of issues in Jira through a Python program or possibly through a windows 10 vb.net form.
Can you advise me on any documentation that will assist us in the goal.
Thank you in anticipation.
Hi,
have a look at rest API examples.
I would suggest Java for this, but this is strictly a personal bias. I have great things to say about the jira java rest client See Jira Java Rest Client
You can use this Jira python client. Some examples
Thank you I am trying the following but not much of a result
"""# This script shows how to use the client in anonymous mode# against jira.atlassian.com.from jira import JIRA#import re
# By default, the client will connect to a JIRA instance started from the Atlassian Plugin SDK# (see https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Installing+the+Atlassian+Plugin+SDK for details).# Override this with the options parameter.options = { 'server': 'https://ouraccount.atlassian.net'}jira = JIRA(options)
# Get all projects viewable by anonymous users.projects = jira.projects()
projects = jira.projects()
my i see the honorable logs?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.