I'm trying to create a table and I need to merge cells from 3 rows on top of eachother but apparently the built-in editor in confluence won't let me..
What should I do ?
Thank you for your answer..
Regards
Peter
Hi Peter,
I'm testing this out in 6.7.0 and compared to 6.4.0, the merge doesn't seem to work. I've reported this as a bug:
I've included some animated GIFs in that bug. Can you have a look at them and let me know if that's what you're trying to do?
If not, can you describe what isn't working for you and I can test that out as well?
Either way, please let me know your Confluence version so I can include this.
Regards,Shannon
Hey Shannon
Thank you for reporting it and it is exactly the same thing I was trying to do.
I had to resort to excel and exporting that to pdf and inserting that pdf..
Not the most elegant solution but at least it works better..
I have no idea where to find the current version number of confluence but as we bought it for like a week ago it's probably the latest version..
Kind regards
Peter,
No worries! Is the blue a bright blue (like at the top of this page), or more of a navy blue? If it's bright blue then you're probably testing with either 6.7.0 or 6.7.1, which matches what I reported in the bug. You can check the bottom of the pages, though, it should say the version.
If it's not 6.7.0 then I can update the bug with your version as well.
Shannon
it's 6.7.1 cause it's blue.. Cannot see version number though.Might have something to do with me using linux..
Anyway, thank you for reporting..
regard
In 6.15.3, I've just discovered a bug with merging table cells in IE. Previously I could enter the details in one cell, then select the cells I would like to merge with, click merge, then that data would span across the cells. I tried the triple-click +shift-arrow and it didn't work for me. I tried deleting the details in the cell, and it worked. It seems I can only merge blank cells. I've reported this through Support.
Well, I can just confirm that this no longer works, and I can't merge cells! gremlins
Hi, have you reported this?
This is a IE problem, use Chrome will resolve it.
My solution (using Firefox): Before merging, ensure ONLY the inside of the cells is highlighted as opposed to having both the inside AND the borders highlighted.Assume you want to merge all cells in a row.1. Click inside the leftmost cell and drag to the rightmost (don't release the mouse button yet).
The cells and the cells' borders highlight in blue.
2. Continue dragging to the right until the mouse pointer is outside of the table borders (don't release the mouse button yet).3. Drag back to the rightmost cell.4. Release the mouse button.Voila! The cells are highlighted without the borders being so! Now you can merge.
Same for Firefox.
This works for me on firefox.
Dear all,
I quick fix I have found with Firefox is to actually click and hold on the first cell , move your cursor to the right cell so that it select both cells, move your cursor to the left so that it only select the first cell, move it to the right so that it select both cells again and then lift your finger. What it does is that it creates another type of selection that can now be merged.
Cheers.
This was the secret sauce. It works now!
Evgeni, many thanks to you, it helped! But I see absolutely no reason for the Confluence devs to implement such behavior, this feels just ridiculous to me
Hello, this doesn't seem to work on Confluence 7.4.3. I've tried it out on both Firefox 100.0.2 and Chrome 102.0.5005.63
it works with Confluence 7.16 and Firefox 100.0). Have you tried selecting the cells like explained above?
Thanks for checking, yes the process mentioned above was how I was originally merging the cells. But right now it's not working at all. For previously merged cells, I am still able to split then merge them again (by undo command). But for newly added rows/columns, I am unable to merge at the moment.
Allright, that's strange. I can still do this in Firefox 100.0 (with Confluence 7.16) and with chrome: 101.0.4951.64. I'll check again once I'm updated to the Chrome 102+ version and Firefox 100.0.2+.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.