Is it possible to have a Test Case which has been started and then has to be Assigned to someone else and they receive an email notification so they know that they have to continue with that Test Case.
@Antonio Francis yes. You'll have to update your notification settings.
> the project you want to update > Notifications > Update 'Issue Assigned'
You can add groups or project roles to this.
Hi Brittany,
Thank you for your response and help so far.
I tried your suggestion but the Tester does not get a notification when the Test Case is assigned to him.
I added a Group which is all Users in Jira.
I have attached a screen picture.
This is my scenario in case I haven't explained myself clearer:
- I go to Test Cycle and select the Test Case I want to execute
- I click the E and go into the Test Case so I can execute it
- I start to execute the first step and then with the second step I need someone else in the Team to execute.
- I assign the Test Case to that person but they don't receive an email telling them that they need to execute this Test Case
Hi @Antonio Francis what test case management tool are you currently using?
I'm thinking it may be a configuration within the too itself rather than Jira.
Hi,
No as far as I have researched Users don't get emails for assigning a Test Case but they do if they create a Defect.
Thanks,
Tony.
Thank you for responding! That's really unfortunate. Would be nice for a QA manager to be able to assign tests to individual testers and for the testers to be notified when that happens. alas . . . .
Following this thread. Agree with Kristina, would be really nice to have this feature.
I have also been searching high and low for this feature as its something that is really needed if we are running business scenario testing across geographies,
The only available way right now is to assign the test case (not execution) to the next in line, and I am sure this is a requirement from a lot of Zephyr/JIRA users...
Please look into fixing this issue, Zephyr
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.