Using DVCS plugin to connect to GitHub Enterprise server, one repo consistently fails to sync with the message "Sync Failed: Error during sync. See server logs". I got a copy of the (very large) file, catalina.out, but not really sure what kind of error signature to look for, Thought it might be related to Jira issue https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/dvcs-github-sync-failed-779160781.html, but applying that workaround didn't seem tomake a difference. Running JIRA vsn 7.0.10.
Additional info: Sync failure is coincident with log message:
2018-02-14 10:47:31,898 DVCSConnector.MessageExecutor:thread-1 ERROR ServiceRunner [c.a.j.p.d.service.message.MessageConsumer] Synchronization failed: null
Hi Arthur,
Is this a singular user or for any user the repo is configured for?
If it's a singular user, I'd reset the creds and try again.
-Billy
Thanks for the suggestion. But no, this is a multi-user environment. I've since figured out how to open a support ticket against our license. Thanks again.
Coolio! When you do get the solution, if possible can you share here? I'm super curious
Good luck!
Will do. BTW: since the sync had become useless to the organization anyway, resetting the creds was tried anyway; with no luck.
4-byte characters had worked their way into our git commit messages. Git allows this. Unfortunately, this character encoding does not sit well with older Jira/MySQL installs. Exceptions get thrown on INSERT, causing sync to fail.
This (open) issue link pretty much says it all
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-36135
If you're running Jira 3.7.x or not using MySQL as your database, you probably won't have this issue.
errr, correction. that's 7.3.x
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.