I'm trying to update a field in an issue over REST API from ServiceNow. But I always get "Method failed" Error when I drop a Put request. POST requests work. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?
Can you please post the method for examination? Cloud or Server?
Hi Thomas,
Here is the error message and there are some more custom fields. This works when I create an issue in Jira.
{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"summary":"Field 'summary' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."
It is Server.
Thanks for the JSON response. Can you please post the request?
summary":"JIRA00"
I tried your suggestion, still, I'm getting the same error. I will check with Jira team that fields are on the edit screen or not.
Thanks
Jira team told that all fields are available on the edit screen. Is there anything like user permission to update the issue.
Thanks, Thomas,
It worked now. The issue is with permissions. The user in Jira has no permission to update.
Thanks for your help.
The user has not the permission to update this issue.
Hello Nithish,
Exactly, what permission is required to update issue in JIRA through rest api
The user needs "Edit" rights to update it.
ok, Thank you for quick reply
I am also getting the same issue, what type of permissions do I need to check. Please help me with this
As mentioned above - to edit an issue, you need edit permission.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.