I want to create a Hello World macro. I tried following the link below, but I could not complete step 1. I could not find the "User Macros" section.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/writing-user-macros-4485.html
Thanks!
Hi Ronald,
You'll need to be a system administrator of a Confluence Server instance in order to write User Macros.
Can you confirm that you are indeed and that this isn't regarding a Cloud instance or that you only have Confluence Administrator permissions?
Regards,Shannon
I created a developer page following the instructions on the developer "Getting Started" page: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/getting-started/
Can I test Macros in this environment?
Thanks,
Ron
That document is to help you to develop an add-on for the Cloud environment and does not include User Macros.
User Macros are a Restricted Function of the Cloud environment and thus it will not be possible to test them on Cloud.
That said, it's pretty quick to set up a Confluence Server evaluation instance, and you can even use the embedded database there if you're only testing with it. I would recommend that if you want to test writing User Macros.
Let me know if you have any questions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.