I am a bit confused by the BitBucket permission model. I am trying to achieve the following:
Our team consists of internal developers and external developers. Internal developers should have access to all repositories and external developers should only have access to the repository on which they are working.
I created a repository (let's call it Repo1) with the owner being the team of developers in our company (let's call it TeamComp). I added the additional external developers to this team, which are working on a different project in a different repository (let's call it Repo2).
I now want to limit the access for the external developers to Repo2, so that they cannot access Repo1. I thought I could do this using groups.
However, I just realized that the TeamComp is the owner of Repo1 and Repo2.
So my questions are:
- Does this mean, all team members will have access to all repositories?
- If so how do I limit access to the repositories? Will I have to create an additional team for the external developers (instead of creating a group for them)?
- If so: What is the usage for the groups? And how do I grant my internal developers access to the repository of the repository of the external developers?
I am confused and hope somebody can shed some light on the permission model in BitBucket and how I can achieve what I want.
Best regards,
Michael