Hi
I was asked to have in issue comments a date instead of
"6 days ago"
and also how to set date format
Right now your Jira instance uses relative dates. If you are on Jira Server/Data Center then you can follow the following KB to switch your Jira to absolute dates:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/disable-relative-dates-in-jira-applications-414187622.html
But you will have absolute date in all Jira. Not only in comments.
Hi @Eran Polna
Check this doc from Atlassian about disabling relative dates:
If you want to change dates format you can go to: Administration - System - General configuration - Advanced settings.
Hope this helps
[post deleted]
Just to be clear, only an admin can do this for the whole jira workspace?
Can it be done for a project only?
Am I right that there is no solution for Jira cloud? And not sure if it is the right to add my question here or if I should have raised a new question?
Hi @Sandra Rita H
Yes Only Jira Admin can change this but unfortunately this option is not available on jira Cloud.
What a shame!
I really wonder why anyone would ever use relative dates, and why software developers ever decided to program it like that. Because they were tired of putting a boring old date on the screen ? Or because they want to give the impression that there is some fake AI behind it ?
I find myself continually having to calculate what the real date is. Please get this solved!
Not sure if / when this was updated, but as of 8 June 2022, you can click on the relative date in the screens, and it will switch to standard date format.
Is this for Cloud? Or for Server/Data Center as well? If so, which version?
I think we are on the latest Server version, but clicking on the relative data doesn't do it..
Thank you, indeed this works now. Shame it's not the default.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.