What's the preferred method to simply get a larger root volume?
I could add another EBS volume and change my scripts to use that, but I think that would be more trouble.
Using google I found the following that might help:
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/ebs-expand-volume.html
https://alestic.com/2009/12/ec2-ebs-boot-resize/
http://blog.xi-group.com/2014/06/small-tip-use-aws-cli-to-create-instances-with-bigger-root-partitions/
Can't you use the storage mounted under /media/ephemeral0 ?
I finally got around to looking at this again.
I ended up changing the docker graph direcory (-g option) to reference a directory I created in /home/bamboo (the /mnt partition). The hardest part was figuring where to do this. Initially I changed /etc/sysconfig/docker, as many forums mention, but that didn't do the trick. Once I saw that docker was running as a service I changed /lib/systemd/system/docker.service, which worked.
Thanks guys.
I just ran into this problem myself. Our build agents install 3rd party software that uses the root partition and it get's filled up real quick since the default root partition is 8GB.
I resolved this by selecting the agent in the EC2 console and selecting Image | Copy Image. I increased the root partition size on the copy. Then once the image was available used that new AMI id for my bamboo elastic agents.
Would be nice if Bamboo allows some way to customize the the launch details of Elastic Agents!
see my recent comment below. Customized agents that install third party software can't control where they lay down their files. Especially if they are installing into /usr/bin, etc. Simply booting a bare agent the root partition is already close to full. It would be great if the Bamboo Elastic config allow customization of launch details.
Hi @Gary Ormsby,
Can you explain what did you do specifically. With examples, please?
We will soon release images with more space available.
The partition /dev/xvdb 3.9G /mnt does NOT come from the AMI image. This partition is attached by amazon during an instance start up as primary HDD to write on. By default Bamboo selects m3 medium which gives you 4GB. If you use m3 large then you'll get 32GB space.
See https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.