Open issues filter has default criterium Resolution: Unresolved but no such Resolution has been defined. Should the criterium not be Resolution: none?
Maybe I don't understand this question but Resolution: Unresolved is the way Jira shows this empty field.
Yes, it displays "unresolved" when an issue has an empty resolution field in the database.
You really don't want to add "unresolved" or "none" to the list of options - when used, you'll find the issue is now showing as resolved...
The condition of the Open issue filter is:
project = DIEN AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC
Yet I do not see in the result a newly created issue. When I edit the filter en delete the resolution = Unresolved criterium I see the issue and the resolution field is empty.
According to this JQL filter, I guess the workflow sets a resolution automatically and this issue is not Unresolved. Check if you have a resolution named Unresolved or None. If you set a resolution named Unresolved or None, this resolution is not empty, so is not Unresolved.
No,the only resolutions defined are Done, Won't Do and Dupllicate. Also, on creation of the issue no resolution is set.
Is there a way to find out the content of the resolution field? (In the screen I can see no value set.)
So, if you try this filter: "project = DIEN AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC" this newly create issue doesn't appear.
If you try this other filter: "project = DIEN ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC" this issue appears.
The only difference is the resolution field. Maybe an indexing problem?
I made the resolution field visible in the issue screen and did a re-index. Now the value or the Resolution field is Unresolved (and visible in the issue screen and in the result list). Maybe a stupid question but does the field Resolution only gets initialised when it is made visible in the issue screen?
The field will display "unresolved" when the field is empty.
Can you tell us what this search returns?
project = DIEN AND resolution is empty
I have 2 issue types A and B. A has Resolution field visible in the issue screen and B does not have the Resolution field visible.
When I create issue of type A the Resolution is set to Unresolved. When I create issue of type B the resolution is not set.
Is this normal behavior?
If A sets a resolution and B don't, then resolution is set by the workflow (assuming A and B have different workflows assigned)
I must say I have been playing around so now I have issues type A appearing in the Open issue result list (because resolution is now set to Unresolved) but the issues B are not appearing at all (so Resolution is empty, is not empty or = Unresolved do not give any result for issue type
Yes, because you've got resolution visible in one screen, you see it. For B, you've removed it, so you don't see it.
But, remember Jira does NOT set the resolution to unresolved, it leaves it empty, and displays unresolved (unless you've misconfigured it)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.