You can just move them between projects through the UI if you have permissions in both projects.
As drag and drop or a special menu entry point in the UI? I actually thought I have look for such a capability, but I must have been blindfolded or just tired 😉 thanks for the fast reply
BR Claus
If it's the same Jira instance and you have access to both projects, you can just try a bulk move.
see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/moving-an-issue-861257345.html
Would it correct for me to assume that the issues then are moved and not copied between current and selected project?
As far as I understand the Bulk operation only allow me to move an issue rather than to copy it from one project to another.
Is that correctly understood?
That's right. So, you need to copy some issues and, then, move the copied issues?
Oh yes, that’s right, however it kind of puzzles me that a bulk copy hasn’t been implemented. Would I really be the only one missing such a feature?
Duplicating issues generally isn't good practice, as you end up with divergence on the duplicates, and most of us don't need or want that.
It would be great if you can explain your use case in a bit more detail, then the community may come up with more suggestions than you thought of. Some questions to get you started:
Being a member of the Backbone Issue Sync team, I am often in discussions with customers having similar problems.
We are to source the development artivitives and in that sense are aming at getting offers from different potential vendors. We have created multiple independent and vendor specific projects that we want to populate with the same issues/user stories for them to comment and estimate from.
It is (in its simplest form) just a one time copy but it could be beneficial to have a master project from which multiple child projects could be derived and going forward being synchronized.
I hope that explains the business rational for my request.
You could use Backbone for both use cases, just doing a one-time copy or also having a master project and push all changes to the multiple child projects.
You probably don't want to sync all fields then, but only sync the ones interesting for all of them. So you could configure the fields you are interested in and leave the others out.
Depending on how often you have to update the multiple child projects, I'd vote for a synchronization. Then you can easily correct some details after the initial copy.
If you're interested in a demo of your use case, I'd be happy to set something up. Please let us know via support@k15t.com.
Thanks - That sounds interesting. I’m out of office this week but I will contact you some time early next week Cheers
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.