Ok so over time we created lots of custom fields, some where deleted, some got a context added to make issues lighter,
however one thing I noticed, and that is well known, after adding a context to a field, the issue that should not have a value anymore are still present in the database.
in one case I have a project with 60k issues but 15 fields are only used on 30k issues,
how do I cleanup all the extra unusable/unwanted rows.
my main concern is that with the number of fields (around 900) the queries on the customfieldvalue table have become slower and during peak hours it is using a lot of our database processing.
I cannot find anything related to cleaning up tables or having jira do it either.
I assume a reindex is not gonna do anything as it is related to rebuilding the lucene index from the database.
Could I iterate with groovy on the issues and just do a issue save without modifying anything to force the database to clean?