I have jira/confluence with a postgresql database on a server. Not in a docker container. I'm backing up the postgresql database with a dump and the confluence-home/jira-home folder. Now I want to restore the data on a testserver. On the testserver I have a jira/confluence docker container and a postgresql docker container. Things I'm doing: 1. start postgresql-container and restore data with the sql-dump. 2. change the dbconfig.xml file in jira-home only the url 3. change the confluence.cfg.xml file in confluence-home only the <property name="hibernate.connection.url"> property 4.start jira/confluence containerFirst question:I get a warning after Jira starts up on jira-start page: Database: Your database is using an unsupported collation Your postgres72 database is currently using an unsupported collation: de_DE.utf8. You should change this to a supported collation: POSIX.UTF-8 C.UTF-8 C POSIXI don't understand how I can fix this. My postgresql Dockerfile looks like this: FROM postgres:9.6 RUN localedef -i de_DE -c -f UTF-8 -A /usr/share/locale/locale.alias de_DE.UTF-8 ENV LANG de_DE.utf8How can I fix this?Second question:On the production system I have a license for 50 Users. I don't want to buy an other so I just want to use a trial license in the docker-container. When I start the Jira/Confluence container what happens to the license from the production-server? I guess the license-key is somewhere stored in the jira/confluence-home folder The worst case would be Jira/Confluence would be disabled on the production-Server. And what happens to the users because there are only 10 allowed?Kindly Regards!
Hi @Samuel Tinapp
For the first question:
1.- Create an XML backup of your jira instance
2.- Stop jira
3.- Create a new database with the correct collation (C or C.UTF-8)
4.- Rename your dbconfig.xml file located in your jira_home (ie: old_dbconfig.xml)
5.- Start Jira. Once it is up i will ask you to select a db, pick the new one and finish the initial setup
6.- Import the xml file to restore your data
Note: make sure have backups of everything so you can be able to restore in case something goes wrong.
For the second question
If you have a production license you can request a development license, you can use this license in your test environment, this license will provide access to the same amount of users as your production license.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-get-a-jira-developer-license-744526918.html
in confluence the license key is located in the confluence.cfg.xml file (confluence home folder), in jira is located in the db.
Hope this helps
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.