I've attempted to upgrade Bitbucket 5.1.0 to 5.6.3. When trying to start Bitbucket server after the upgrade, I get the following exception stack trace in the server log. The configuration is very slightly customized to run SSL, and is running in a container off of an NFS persistent volume. The same persistent volume and container work fine with 5.1.0.
My research by Google search for java.util.zip.ZipException indicate a potential corrupt jar file. However, I downloaded 5.6.3 multiple times, and I tried multiple methods to get it onto the NFS share with no luck. The download I used was in the .tar.gz format.
The JDK version is Oracle's JDK 1.8.0_161. Suggestions as to where to look next for the problem would be appreciated.
Bundled Elasticsearch started successfully
The current open files limit is set to less than 4096
Attempting to increase limit...
Limit increased to 4096 open files
Starting Bitbucket webapp at http://localhost:7990
Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:225)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:155)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:166)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:130)
at org.springframework.boot.loader.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:112)
at org.springframework.boot.loader.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:106)
at org.springframework.boot.loader.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:92)
at org.springframework.boot.loader.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:83)
at org.springframework.boot.loader.archive.JarFileArchive.<init>(JarFileArchive.java:61)
at org.springframework.boot.loader.archive.JarFileArchive.<init>(JarFileArchive.java:57)
at org.springframework.boot.loader.archive.ExplodedArchive.getNestedArchive(ExplodedArchive.java:123)
at org.springframework.boot.loader.archive.ExplodedArchive.getNestedArchives(ExplodedArchive.java:110)
at org.springframework.boot.loader.ExecutableArchiveLauncher.getClassPathArchives(ExecutableArchiveLauncher.java:72)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.launcher.BitbucketServerLauncher.start(BitbucketServerLauncher.java:150)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.launcher.BitbucketServerLauncher.main(BitbucketServerLauncher.java:99)