I signed up for an Atlassian account (user account #1) and am the administrator registered with email address #1.
Later, I wanted to change my email address on user account #1 to email address #2. I attempted to do this by:
1. Create a new user account #2 tied to email address #2
2. Assign administrator rights to the user account #2
3. Delete user account #1
Before I completed this, I realized that I could simply change the email address associated with user account #1. So I deleted user account #2 and attempted to change the email address for user account #1 to email address #2.
This did not work. I received an email stating that user account #1 could not be assigned email address #2 since email address #2 was used by another user...
I have confirmed that user account #2 is deleted as a user and removed from all groups.
Any thoughts on how to remove the "Phantom User Account" associated with email address #2?