Hello,
We are running Jira server, and until recently we had a project (call it Project Prime) with several boards associated with it. These boards were configured mostly with default settings, i.e. shared with the project, query is "project = PRJ ORDER BY Rank ASC", no subfilters. Users would regularly select the PRJ project and use the "BOARDS IN THIS PROJECT" drop-down menu under the project name to navigate between the various boards.
Then this week, users noticed that the drop-down menu was missing entirely, though the boards still existed. What's more confusing is that even when I create a new board, either Scrum or Kanban, from an existing project (selecting PRJ of course) there is still no recognition of this new or any other board. On the board configuration screens, the last field is "Projects in board: Project Prime", so it seems at least that the board believes it should be associated with the project.
I've tried googling around for answers but the only thing I could find was that the filter that the board is based on needs to be unambiguously and exclusively about the project in question. Yet as I said, these filters don't include issues from any other project at all.
I'd appreciate any ideas. Thank you..