Various attempts at escaping do not seem to work. For example, I'd like to search for the term '/browser' (no quotes).
I don't think you're going to be able to search for a slash. This page doesn't include the slash as one of the special characters. I believe the standard Lucene indexer, which that page says JIRA uses, splits words based on punctuation. It treats the slash as punctuation and not searchable.
How are you escaping it?
Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/performing-text-searches-185729616.html#PerformingTextSearches-Escapingspecialcharacters:\or\\
I've looked at both pages:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-764478330.html "Advanced searching"
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/search-syntax-for-text-fields-764478343.html "Search syntax for text fields"
@Bautista:
Q: How are you escaping it?
A: Any way I can try I think I've tried all combinations of single/double quote, single/double backslash, Unicode escape notation, etc.
@Swartz:
I think you're right. While the slash is listed as a Reserved Character on the "Advanced searching" page, it is not listed as a Special Character on the "Search syntax for text fields" page. Your reference
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/performing-text-searches-185729616.html "Performing Text Searches"
links to
http://lucene.apache.org/core/3_3_0/queryparsersyntax.html "Apache Lucene - Query Parser Syntax"
which, like the JIRA doc, lists the same reserved characters (which doesn't include slash).
Hi,
After 5 years I have a similar question .... but on confluence pages:
I want to search in confluence a string like: "Jupiter/v1.2" , (there are many of "Jupiter" occurrences (without slash) and I want to ignore those) ... My only solution is to export everything to PDF and search there ... but is ... not nice ...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.