I've been tasked with creating a project for an upgrade process. Simple scenario:
- set of about 8 major steps in the process (bunch of little tasks in each one)
- about 400 clients
- each client has be taken through each of the steps.
I'm currently considering creating each of the major steps as a workflow/column and each client as a task. Each client would then progress across the board through all the steps.
I think this structure would rule out using sprints - clients could take up to 10 weeks to upgrade depending on how quick their internal processes are. But I also think it creates the least amount of repetition and manual maintenance of the board (i.e. 400 tasks instead of 400x8 tasks).
I'm very new to Jira and don't have a lot of practical experience. I'm looking for suggestions or comments about issues this structure causes, so I can avoid some of the pitfalls I don't know about.