I can easily get all open issues from the Kanban board with "https://<mycompany>.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/board/<boardid>/issue", but I can not pull the closed issues. I have done it successfully with the Scrum board, where I get all issues back, open or closed. I am not sure why, but for Kanban, it seems that the API only pushes back open issues. Suggestions?
Thanks!
Hi Amy
I just tried the /issue call on a Kanban board of mine and it returned closed items, but I have these closed items showing on the Kanban board. The API call you're using is saying "show me everything that's on the board". Do you have all these closed items showing on your board? If not, I suspect your board filter is possibly excluding them, in which case you'd need to do as Domagoj said and pass in a ?jql= where you're negating what's in the board filter to exclude closed items. I hope that makes sense. If not, show us what your board filter is and we can tweak it for you
What about searching issues with jql?
Something like this
http://www.example.com/jira/rest/api/2/search?jql=...
Thanks for your answer, Domagoj. I am trying to figure out how to form the url for the search, as you suggested.
Thanks, Warren, for your response. No, we do not display our closed items, (actually I mean the "Done" issues), on our Kanban board. Evenually there would be hundreds and that would not display well
I am trying Domagoj's solution, but I have not done this before. Can you let me know if I am constructing this correctly? Here is my API call:
"https://<mycompany>.atlassian.net/jira/rest/api/2/issues/search?jql=project = &lt;<myproject>&gt;"
It doesn't work though--am I forming it improperly? Should it be a JIRA.com address instead?
Please note the call that you're using is incorrect, it shouldn't have the /jira or the /issues - see my call further down
You need to see what your board filter is, but assuming it's just for the one project, I would imagine it looks something like
project=<myproject> AND status!=Done
so that it excludes the Done items.
What you want in the ?jql part is then just the first bit, so
https://<mycompany>.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search?jql=project=<myproject>
where <myproject> is the 2, 3 or 4 letters before the issue number (e.g. a project called Digital Development Team would have issues DDT-232 and DDT-4568, so you would use DDT in that instance)
Yes, sorry, I added the /issue at the last minute when I was trying to troubleshoot:
https://<mycompany>.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search?jql=project=DMR actually works now! Thank you both for your help! I am so glad I joined the Atlassian community today--it saved me so much time!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.