Imagine, due to some editing, my line ends in monospace font. Now I want to continue in normal font. How do I do that?
Things that don't work:
- There is no shortcut for clearing the formatting.
- Clicking "Clear formatting" in the toolbar removes focus from the editor, so I must click there again with my mouse, and I'm back to square one: when I type it's in monospace.
- I'm not aware of any macros that switch to normal format.
- Trying to wrap the block in double curly braces again does not work as the closing braces are considered part of the code block and are not interpreted as closing the macro.
I know about two workarounds:
- Select the monospace span or part of it, click "Clear formatting" in the toolbar (this converts the whole span back to normal), type a few characters after it, then convert the span back to monospace. Then continue typing after your normal characters.
- Open the "source editor", add a few words after the <code> block, apply, then keep typing after your normal characters.
Both are tedious and ugly. Sure there must be a better way?