Hi,
I realized that the size of our confluence database increased a lot during the last months. The current size is about 63 GB and it increases daily at a rate of about 10 GB though it doesn't contain a lot of content.
I when I checked the top tables on SQL server side I saw that the most spaced is used by tables "AUDITRECORD", "AUDIT_AFFECTED_OBJECT" and "AUDIT_CHANGED_VALUE" (about 62 GB!). I had a closer look at the "AUDITRECORD"-table and found many "Users and groups"-events that referred to changes in our AD. It seems that is cause I configured our whole AD-forest as user directories in Confluence.
After that I changed the Audit Log Settings the way that the events should get kept only one day instead 3 years and I hoped that most of the records would get deleted then. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Though I saw that some 10000 records got deleted the next day there were even more records than before. How can I get rid of these audit records ? Could I just delete them in the SQL-Server Management Studio or is there a setting in the confluence administration to deactivate the auditing completely and force the deletion of the existing auditing-records from the table ?
Best regards,
Thomas Merkt
Mettler-Toledo (Albstadt) GmbH
Unter dem Malesfelsen 34
72458 Albstadt
Phone + 49-74 31-14-3 82