I'm in a Windows environment upgrading Bitbucket from v4.14.4 to 5.6.2. I used the Windows installer to perform the update. The Bitbucket windows service starts fine and I'm able to hit the site. When I attempt to start the Elasticsearch windows service, it fails with the error
Unable to access 'path.home' (c:\Atlassian\Bitbucket\5.6.2\elasticsearch\bin)
The windows service runs under the atlbitbucket windows account that the installer created and I verified that it has full access to that folder.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
EDIT: No responses as of yet, so I'll backup a bit and ask a more generic question - Does anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot the "Atlassian Bitbucket ElasticSearch 2.3.1 (AtlassianBitbucketElasticsearch)" windows service?
Edit 2: I'll attempt to add some log entries that I found:
bitbucket_search.log
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to access 'path.home' (c:\Atlassian\Bitbucket\5.6.2\elasticsearch\bin)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Security.addPath(Security.java:316)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Security.addFilePermissions(Security.java:243)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Security.createPermissions(Security.java:212)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Security.configure(Security.java:118)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.setupSecurity(Bootstrap.java:196)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.setup(Boostrap.java:167)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:270)
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:35)
Cased by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: c:\Atlassian\Bitbucket\5.6.2\elasticsearch\bin
AtlassianBitbucketElasticsearch_2018-02-09.log
Running 'AtlassianBitbucketElasticsearch' Service...
Inside ServiceMain...
reportServiceStatusE: 2, 2, 3000, 0
Starting service...
loading jvm 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin\server\jvm.dll'
Jvm Option[0] -XX:+UseParNewGC
...
argv[0] = start
Java Worker thread started
org/elasticsearch/bootstrap/Elasticsearch:main
Java started org/elasticsearch/bootstrat/Elasticserach
Service started in 1411ms.
reportServiceStatusE: 4, 0, 0, 0
Waiting for worker to finish...
Exception has been thrown
Java worker thread finished
org/elasticsearch/bootstrap/Elasticsearch:main with status=6
Worker finished.
Waiting for all threads to exit
reportServiceStatusE: 3, 0, 0, 0
JVM destroyed
reportServiceStatusE: 1, 1066, 0, 1
Run service finished