Hey there,
I am creating a "More info needed" status in my workflow. From this status I need the issue to return to the status that it was previously in before it go sent to "More info needed" so that when a user replies to the info, it goes neatly back to the status it was in for processing.
I am achieving most of this by storing the previous status in a custom field. When the issue is given more info it's sent back to the "Backlog" status, at which point I use a post function to update the status field from my custom field, so its status gets updated.
This works mostly, the status gets updated accordingly, however the actions from that status do not, they retain the transitions allowed on the "Backlog" status only and the transitions for the status stored in the custom field do not get applied even though he status does.
Is there any post functions that make sure that the correct transitions are being applied for the status that is being applied? Or s there an easier way to achieve it, it al feels a little convoluted! Maybe others use a "More info needed" status differently?
Thanks a mil!
Lisa