I cannot see where to configure canned responses in my service desk projects. I would prefer to use the JIRA native, rather than an add-on.
Hi everyone,
In an effort to try to make it clearer for anyone that finds this thread, here is an updated answer.
The canned responses feature is currently only available in the Jira Server/Data Center editions, and has been since Jira Service Desk 3.8.0. However for Jira Cloud sites, this feature does not exist yet. There is an open feature request for this over in JSDCLOUD-631. Please watch this ticket for updates on this. It might also help to review our Implementation of New Features Policy.
In the meantime, Marketplace does have at least one app that appears to have this functionality over in the Canned Responses Pro Templates for Jira, there might be other solutions in Marketplace as well.
Hi
Canned response feature is now available to all Jira Service Management customers.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/reply-faster-to-your-customers-with-canned-responses/
Cheers
Joe
Agreed. I can't find it.
Howdy,
You can customize the responses in Service Desk, however these are controlled from within the project settings directly. You can navigate to this by going to Projects -> Your JSD project name, then clicking the Gear icon near the bottom of the left navigation menu to get into the project settings. On that left navigation panel select the link for Customer notifications.
There is also a blog post that describes how to use this feature in Customize the notifications you send to your customers. I went back to check and it appears that this ability to customize these notifications was first seen in Jira Service Desk 3.3.0. So if you do not see these options within your JSD instance, I would be concerned to see what version you might be using.
We're referring to canned responses, not customer notifications. I am on 3.7.0 so that's not the problem.
Ah, thanks @Steven F Behnke Sorry I misunderstood the feature here.
That specific feature wasn't introduced until 3.8.0:
Atlassian Blog: Get time back with canned responses and SLA copy configurations in Jira Service Desk Server
hey @Andy,
I am on JIRA cloud JSD. So i should have the feature available to me.
I am busy evaluating Service Desk for our customer support. I find it crazy that software as good as this doesn't include canned responses, a feature so integral to providing customer service.
For that reason alone I won't evaluate further. Sorry guys.
Hi @Calan Horsman
The Server version of Service Desk does have canned responses, see the blog post Get time back with canned responses and SLA copy configurations in Jira Service Desk Server
Jira Service Desk Server has had this feature since 3.7.0.
The Cloud version does not yet have this feature. There is an open request for this in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-631
I would recommend watching and voting on this issue to help our development team prioritize this feature. In the meantime there are also 3rd party solution for the Cloud platform, such as Canned Responses Pro for Jira that might help fulfill this need. It's also possible there are other solutions in the Marketplace.atlassian.com site that might also provide this functionality.
I hope this helps.
Andy
Hi Andrew,
I'm aware of the details you've provided but I can't see past SAAS support software having this as an integrated feature, especially when there are posts requesting it that are well over a year old. I appreciate your target market must be far more tech weighted and not ecommerce as this is a basic requirement when responding to customers.
Relying on a third party app for something so basic doesn't sit well with me.
Its a joke that this has been going on for over 6 years now and cloud still has nothing. Not even the ability for agent to have custom signatures. @Andy Heinzer That open request was created in 2014.... its now 2020 like come on.
If Atlassian is just going to tell people to go and vote for the feature but in meantime here is an app you can pay for that does it then you should at least cover the cost of the APP.
Tech focused or not your dealing with clients and there is a level of professionalism and customer service involved here.
Whats more frustrating is that the feature exists by default in the Server version of Service Desk and not cloud.
Agreed. How on earth can you not have signatures in 2020. Email has had signatures as a standard feature for 30 years...
How on earth can you not have signatures in 2020. Email has had signatures as a standard feature for 30 years...
Seems like it would be a pretty basic task for a first year programmer to add a feature from Server to Cloud, maybe they are just that lazy?
All I want is a signature on my responses...
Its 2023 .. still missing..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.