I'm new to supporting confluence (less than a month). We are planning an upgrade from 5.8.18 to 6.7. There are several add-ons which will not be supported in the new version. I'm trying to confirm if they are actually used in our install or if they can be removed.
There are a few that I have found will be bundled inside of other add-ons and should now be removed. ie. RB-filtering/storage/supplier/support are associated with Service Rockets Linking add-on and are inside the new release of Linking. So I will uninstall the old RB... add-ons.
For others that do not support the new 6.7 version, or we are choosing not to upgrade, is it better to just disable them? Or is it standard practice to uninstall any unused add-ons. What is the affect on content if the associated add-on is disabled or uninstalled?
Examples would be (don't limit answers to just the effect on these specific add-ons);
1. Checklists Macro. Previously free, now a paid upgrade.
2. Label Tools. Now requires Scriptrunner for confluence.
I'm guessing that if a page was built with either of these, and we now disable or uninstall the add-on. Either way, that original page will cease to function properly. Or is the add-on only required to make the page, and would removing the add-on just stop us from building new pages? Would disabling, but not uninstalling allow the old content to continue to function?