I work in City Government and we are building a platform to track implemention and monitoring of our climate action plan. Our plan has
- 4 high level goals
- 6 focus areas, 12 strategies, and 60+ actions, (each focus area has roughly 2 strategies and 10 actions).
- 6 strategic initiatives, spanning actions from different focus areas (useful for reporting)
I'm looking at three different options for organizing this plan:
1. One Jira Core project, containing all of the above actions as issues. Using a label or component to track the cross-focus area initiatives.
2. Six Jira Core projects, one for each focus area. Using a label or component to track the cross-focus area initiatives.
3. Sixty+ Jira Core projects -- one for each action. Each action could rightly be a project in itself and will be implemented in coming months or years, so maybe that's a reason to consider this model.
I'm choosing Jira for this application for its power, flexibility, and low cost; in the hope of making it an open source template that other local governments can use. I have looked at many of the best practices posts, but I would really appreciate recommendations from other project admin humans. I'm happy to provide more detail as needed. Below is a link to the actual plan, if that is of interest.
Thanks, community.
http://www.ashland.or.us/Page.asp?NavID=17287