Hey guys,
I have a question about the scaffolding plugin and templates. I was wondering if it were possible to determine if values for templates have been populated or not. We have a bunch of projects that are using the same template and the idea is to be able to see if said project has all the necessary fields populated.
Please let me know!
Thanks,
Wootens
Hi,
Each field can be marked as "required" to ensure it is filled in when the page is edited. It won't be possible to save the page until all required fields are populated.
If you want something a little fancier, then I've used the Reporting plugin to analyse field values and also the presence of pages according to certain criteria. Here's some links to more info which should help:
http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/REPORT/Checking+if+page+exists
http://community.customware.net/customware/topics/can_a_report_column_be_used_conditionally_like_a_report_body
Regards,
Charles
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.