I would like to find pages in Confluence that our termed/inactive users created or contributed to. I can see the users on our user management page but I can't specifically search for them using the contributor or creator search in Confluence.
@Erica Larson , I was looking for a way to find pages where a specific inactive user was mentioned, and found that I can paste this URL into the address bar (insert your site URL and the username of the inactive user). Hope it works for you too!
https://YOURURL/confluence/dosearchsite.action?cql=mention+%3D+%22INACTIVEUSERNAME%22
Dear @Erica Larson,
this is a classic mass data job to be done over the API.
Get all pages with history of one space:
http://example.com/rest/api/content?spaceKey=TST&expand=history
Then you extract from each returned page information the creator (username) of it, and request its status:
http://example.com/rest/api/user?username=username
The result JSON should tell you, if the user is inactive. If you get a HTTP code 404, the user doesn't exist any more. So you know which pages are without creators.
So long
Thomas
have you figured out my solution? Do you need more assistance?
Hi Thomas.
Thanks for your suggestion but I am not sure that is what I am looking for. I may have worded my question wrong. I want my inactive users to be searchable within in Confluence. I don't need to find all pages created by inactive users. I want my users to be able to find specific pages that were created or contributed to by inactive users.
Erica
@Erica Larson,
got you. But as soon as a user is inactive, you cannot search for them - they are "out". And the history of a page will not be searched. The search focuses on the present not the past.
@Susan Ostreicher - Thank you. This solution worked great. I switched out "mention" with "contributor" or "creator" and I was able to find what I was looking for.
I tried and did not work please help @Susan Ostreicher
Hi @Hoa Nguyenthi , you replaced YOURURL with your url and INACTIVEUSERNAME with the username of the inactive user, correct?
If so - is it possible that there aren't any results because that user is not mentioned in any pages?
Without knowing the details of your case, I'm not sure why it isn't working, but those are the first two things I'd check.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.