I have a user who wants access to our JIRA server to save groovy scripts on rather than using the script console. If I understand correctly any user that would make a transition that called this groovy script would need to have permissions to that file? What are the risks of allowing a user to place groovy scripts within the JIRA server?
Dear @Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM,
from nothing to serious - everything is possible. That depends on the script developer.
My suggestion: setup a second Jira with the free developer license and grant that user access rights. As soon as he is ready, let you show the functionality of the script.
Then you can copy it to "Production".
So long
Thomas
Hello Bryan,
I dont think, that every user needs to have permissions to the groovy script. It should be enough to have permissions only for user who is running your JIRA app on your server.
Regards,
Milos
@Thomas Deiler - This is what we ended up doing.
That's where I was confused about some of the documentation. Some made it seem liked permissions were needed and some not. Thanks for the REPLY.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.