We have a space that wants to remove the top navigation for Confluence. But it is only one space, and we don't want to make it at an administrative level for all spaces.
Is this possible either with native Confluence functionailty or with add-ons?
It's going to make Confluence a pain for users who use places other than that space if you remove their quick links to other places.
Because the bar is important, providing the main navigation, no, it can't be removed.
You can play around with it using add-ons though. I would look at Refined Wiki and Brikit that can easily re-skin a space, and may have enough off-the-shelf config to redefine the layout enough (I've never tried to remove the useful stuff with them, so I don't know if they go that far), and possibly Theme Builder if you want total control of the space (where I know you can. And you can do things like "Only show this bit if user is in group X and it's Tuesday")
You could try using the Style macro (via Space Tools > Look and Feel) to hide that element using CSS.
after looking at it, I agree. How could they login without a navigational bar? Our team is looking at Brikit. I will try to convince them not to remove the header.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.