I'd like to check in the configuration of my Atlassian server but I can't find documentation to guide me.
Searching for "configuration control of server configuration" or "revision management of server configuration" on this site is fruitless due to the numerous uses of those terms.
So I'll ask here for help.
I'd like to commit the configuration of my server, not the projects and certainly not any project data, but issue types, screens, custom fields, workflows, all of the schemes and configurations, statuses, resolutions, etc. All of the parts that make up the configuration of the server. If necessary, committing all of the project configurations would be fine and probably a really good idea as well.
I've been able to do this on previous CM tools (eg: trac/svn/git), but can't figure out how to do it on the Atlassian toolchain.
This would also facilitate propagating the configuration to another server as needed for any number of reasons. For example: My company has several air-gapped networks where sneaker net is the only way to move data between networks. If I could capture the configuration on my Atlassian server, then I could perform a security scan on the configuration and copy it into a secure network to rehost (with appropriate licensing) the identical capability on another server.
If there are instructions for how to configuration control the configuration of an Atlassian server, please just point me there, but for now I'm stuck.
Thanks!