Hello,
I have Conflunce 5.5 on Windows server(not cloud)with separate Apache 6(it is not in Conf directory) and MS SQL Server 2008 R2 data base. This configuration was inherited by me from previous admin without explanations. So i'm trying to understand myself how to upgrade Confluence. I tried to update it by installer to version 5.10.9 with updating DB to MS SQL 2014. I succeed DB update and it works with Confluence 5.5. But when I tried to update Confluence installer "shouts" for an error "Problems reading the installation directory". I think I should use manual installation(unzip). The questions are:
1) What should be the sequence of actions? During the upgrade, I need to update Java (6->8), Data Base (2008-> 2014), Apache (6-> 8) and Confluence itself. Or it is not critical?(We don't have test environment, that's why i'm asking). I read Atlassian upgrade manuals and still asking.
2) Is it good idea to upgrade from Conf 5.5 to 5.10.9, and then to 5.10.9->Latest version?
Or it is better to do 5.5->Latest version?
3) I thought that I have EAR/WAR distribution configuration because catalogs for Confluence, Apache are not in one place. Am I right?
4) How can I do future upgrades using installer if I have EAR/WAR distribution configuration(catalogs for Confluence, Apache are not in one place and installer don't see them I think)?
Every your idea and answer will help me!!!