I am very new to the programming. I have an aiu-select2 box with multiple options as selected. At some point I need to deselect a particular option from the selection and need to replace it with new option using Java Script.
Hi Sabin,
aui-select2 is based on Select2 version 3.x, so you can see the documentation for that here: http://select2.github.io/select2/
If you can't figure out how to remove one particular option, you may have to get all values into a list, remove the value you don't want, add the new one, and then set the value of the select2 with the new list of values.
Thanks @Stephen Deutsch
You can use AJS.$("#resourcesDropdown").auiSelect2('val','');
Workaround works fine! thanks
ahhhhhhhh! Now I found the correct solution on http://select2.github.io/select2/
When placeholder is used for a non-multi-value select box, it requires that you include an empty <option></option> tag as your first option.
<option></option>
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-remove-a-selected-option-from-an-aui-select2-using-JS/qaq-p/716936
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.