Is it possible to embed not just a single video from YouTube but the latest video posted to a particular channel? I imagine something similar to a Twitter feed but for videos within a YouTube channel.
Ruth,
You can ad a single video through the Widget Connector. This can be done using the following steps.
Since the channel is just an iframe you can use the HTML iframe macro to embed it. You can find directions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-put-an-iframe-into-confluence-598837531.html
This didn't work for me, nor did the related page. This should be a really easy thing to do, especially with the new editor.
EDIT: the "share" link that I got from YouTube didn't work. I used the direct URL in the bar, and that worked using this method.
This isn't working for me either and it is MAJORLY annoying.
Didn:t work for me. I just got some gears or a sad face.
you can use iframe macro and just give youtube URL into URL filed
Hello, it is quite simple to embed a Youtube video in Confluence, just follow, the steps below.
1. click on the link icon on the toolbar
2. paste your link
3. click on the link which you just pasted
4. A toolbar should pop up, click on "Display as link" on the drop-down, select Display as embed, and that's all.
I am unable to see Display embed. I wonder if there is another way since I'd like for the video to be shown. When using the widget mentioned at the beginning of this thread, it says you can adjust the size. For me, I cannot. Also, I cannot go into fullscreen unless I tap the YouTube icon.
Worked for me with no issues. Thanks!
For Confluence Cloud, we've built a simple and free app that allows you to embed YouTube videos that everyone can use:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1226121/youtube-in-confluence?tab=overview&hosting=cloud
If your Confluence instance is open to anonymous users, say for documentation, then this is quite helpful. If it's not, then smart links should do the trick nicely.
---ooOoOoOoOoOoo--
We have tried all the above methods and even some plugins on the Atlassian marketplace but still having issues.
We eventually can get the video to show through the widget method, html macro, display embed option etc, but all the options have disabled fullscreen views.
How can we embed a youtube video while enabling the ability to go into fullscreen?
Even tried adding some of the custom tag options/parameters into that iframe element but still wont work.
I tried to insert a YouTube video un a Jira page with the link but the option of "Display embed" does not appear. Any ideas?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.