I have managed to successfully setup some self signed certs to secure internal Atlassian apps I have.
I have imported the cert in to the JRE store on both Jira and Confluence web servers.
I have imported the certs in to the trusted root stores on both servers and my own machine.
When i try to add an application link from confluence to Jira. I get "No response was received from the URL you entered - it may not be valid. Please fix the URL below, if needed, and click Continue."
If i try to create the link from Jira to Confluence, it looks like it is all going to work, and then "It has not been possible to retrieve the required information from https://jiratest. Therefore the link cannot be created."
I have restarted servers.
Logs from the confluence server say:
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
Everything I am reading says I need to install the cert in to the JRE store, bit this is done.
Any help would be appreciated.