I would like to create a page with a table that contains 10 columns for gathering data about a group of virtual machines that I manage. I would like to use this single table to contain data like name, create date, desc, region, userid, password, etc. I'll call this table the Master table. I will restrict access to this page so only I can see and edit it.
On another page I would like to have another table that only displays a subset of the columns from the Master table. For example, I will have a vm credential page that only displays the columns for Name, userid, and password. Then I can restrict access to that page for only the users who I want to see the vm login information.
I will repeat this process and create other specific pages that display only the data I'd like to show from the Master table, restricting access to only the users who need to see that data.
I was thinking that I could put the master table in a multi excerpt region and display that data on other pages, but I don't think this will work.
I'm not able to find a way to only select and display 3 columns from the 10 columns on the master table.
Has anyone tried or succeeded at doing something like this before? If so, I'd really appreciate hearing about your project.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Jeff