Is it possible to turn on and off a Service Desk banner announcement with automation, for example something like REST API?
USE CASE:A server goes down, it automatically triggers a pre-defined banner announcement in our Service Desk...
Possible?
Edited: (reviewed my own original answer and found it completely off-topic, sorry about that).
I do not believe there is currently a rest endpoint in Jira that could be used in order to change this announcement banner value. However I did find this related post:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Automate-JIRA-Banner-Refresh/qaq-p/469686
it does at least seem to provide some more information as to possible ways to change that value. As for how to automate this, well, that becomes a bit more tricky to do.
Thanks Andrew...
I appreciate your detailed response. I probably added confusion with my question. I don't want to monitor for a Jira site going down, I want to update the announcement banner in our Service Desk portal when one of the OTHER sites we manage go down. The portal is the first place a user will go to request help...So:
External Server goes down > Notifies team via 3rd party tool > automate a REST API call to Jira SD to create a customized banner announcement in our Jira portal.
I reached out directly to support and it is already a feature request, just no ETA on when this might occur.
Thanks again for digging in!
Dev
ha, yeah, I re-read my own post before seeing your follow up and knew I had made a mistake. Sorry about that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.