I would like to enable users in Jira Service Desk to click a button (e.g. "Send to Engineering" which will then call the "Create linked issue" function where they can select a Jira software project and the issue type (e.g. bug, feature request).
In essence, I would like to call the "Create linked issue" function during transition. Is that possible?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver031/linking-issues-802165194.html#Linkingissues-Createanewlinkedissuefromanexistingissueinaservicedeskorbusinessproject
Hello,
It is not possible to call Create linked issue button during transition. But you could write your own post-function which would create a new issue and set required links and field values to the created issue. You would need an add-on for it like Power Scripts or Scriptrunner. There are also other add-ons available. But I just have more experience with the mentioned add-ons.
With Jira Service Desk Project, you could create a new automation:
when "status change"
if ...
then "creade issue"
You can choose as the type of link and other options.
the downside is that it must be replicated for each project.
Thanks for this tip, Alexey. I had looked into that approach. My challenge is that I have been unable to find an add-on that allows interaction with the user. The add-ons I found can all set predefined values but for my use case I need the user to interactively choose from a list of Jira projects and set the correct issue type, just like on the "Create linked issue" screen.
Thanks Nicola. I think if I were to use "Create issue" the issue would not be automatically linked to the originating issue, and the content of the original would not be auto-copied over. Or can this this be done?
Sorry for the delay of my response.
Try to use automatic role on a JSP Jira project, and set to Create Issue in another project.
Then you can set some (but not all) field that will be copied from original to old. And the linked issue too.
See below... there are more options.
Did you get the issue linking to work? I am trying to do exactly this, but the Link Issue will only work if it is creating an issue in the same project as the one triggering the automation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.