I have accidentally deleted a Space from Confluence. How should I restore it back? Is there any scheduled backup which is running to backup the Confluence Database? And If yes, please tell me the steps to perform it.
Hi Nikhil,
assuming you are on Confluence Server there is a scheduled backup job, but only if you never disabled it.
Read about this built in Backup here: Configuring Backups
If you haven't disabled this job, you can find a full backup of last night in your confluence home stored under backups.
This is a full site backup, you'd need to import it into a staging Confluence, then export the single space, and import it into your productive Confluence.
If your confluence has many pages and spaces I recommend on backing up confluence with your own Production Backup Strategy.
Cheers Niklas
@Nikhil Kadam, the space is lost as soon as you delete. But you could replay a backup from file if made one before.
I had a situation in the past, where even the file backup didn't help. Luckily our database admins where able to revert the DB status to any date in the past. That saved our life. Therefore you need to shut down confluence, first.
I wish you good luck.
Thomas
Thank you Niklas! I would surely try this..
@Thomas Deiler Thank you Thomas.
I want to specify you that our database is Cloudbased. In this case would anything change?
Here I want to specify you that our database is Cloudbased. In this case would anything from the above change?
That depends on the cloud service, that you have contracted. Buy yes in theory also possible there. Also a Cloud DB is a DB like oracle, mysql ...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.