Hi,
I want to compare 2 fields in a simple JQL:
I want to find all issues in a project that the "Summary" field has the same text as "Acceptance Criteria" (custom field).
How can I do it without plugins?
Thanks!
Hi Orit,
simple answer, you can't. There's no way to compare two field values.
:-( Strange...
JQL is not SQL... You can query issues that have the same text as a fixed value but there is nothing like a subquery-concept in JQL. And that is what you need for that kind of comparison.
There are options with plugins, but you asked for a solution without additional apps.
Thanks.
So I found a workaround - to create a hidden and calculated custom field that will indicate (True / False) if the fields are alike, and use it on the JQL.
What do you think? Any other workarounds you can think of?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.