I want to create a dropdown list in a template for a user to fill out.
This article from ancient times mentions, that Confluence is able to do this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF42/Form+Field+Markup+for+Templates
In the current template editor I am not able to create a list or find documentation on how to do this. $VAR is working, but creates only a text field.
=> How do I create dropdowns (or radios or other specific fields) without using add-ons?
Hi Christian,
while editing the template, click on the variable $VAR and you should get a pop-up with three different options, "Text", "Multiline Text", and "List". Choose "List" and type the options that you want to have for the dropdown list separated by commas. For example, you could write:
option 1,option 2,option 3
and then once you save you should have a dropdown list in your template where you can choose between option 1, option 2, and option 3.
Thanks - I hadn't thought of this as I'm an avid keyboard user.
Hello Stephen,
if i implement it like this, i can select the dropdown list value when creating the site.
When the page has been created, no dropdown list exists.
I want to have a dropdown list within a table?
Hello,
Our Easy Dropdown Menu could be a solution for you. You can find it on the Marketplace.
Regards,Stephan (CEO of EPS Software Engineering, the vendor of the Easy Dropdown Menu)
I created several List variables in a template:
but when I go to create a page using the template, I get 'inlineExtension' instead of the drop-down:
(Using Confluence Cloud via Chrome on Mac, for what it's worth).
it is incredible you pay so much for a solution (cloud) that misses basic features like a dropdown in a template. #useless
I just used this article to create a dropdown in a template of my own in Confluence (cloud, version 6.15.4). The instructions to do so have changed a bit since this article was first posted, but the feature is available and works.
@SamDB How do you do this using the new editor in Cloud?
Be aware that you can't use "æ" "ø" and "å" in the variables.
Hello Community,
Our Handy Macros for Confluence can be a solution for this use case. You can create a template with Handy Statuses and/or Handy Dates. When users create a page from this template, they can choose one of the predefined custom values of a status (a kind of dropdown menu) or pick the date.
Handy Status and Handy Date can also be switched in the page view mode after saving the page. It can increase your time efficiency.
Best regards,
Elena.
This is the most frustrating and annoying thing to not have the dropdown list feature? What kind of this form is that does not have a drop list...
Get this right Atlassian.... I wont recommend anyone confluence without this basic feature...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.