In our production environment, we plan on having two JIRA servers. One is going to be the primary, and the second will be used for testing changes/upgrades before installing to the primary.
The secondary server will also act as a backup, in that if we ever need to failover to it due to the primary being down, we can do so.
Since the secondary should always be at the latest and greatest, my goal would be to take the latest dump of the issues on the primary (still need to work that out with Postgres) database to the secondary.
However, and I am not even at the place to test this, in building the two servers, I noticed that I had to manually setup things like ScriptRunner behaviors because custom field IDs were different between the two instances (I use Botron configuration manager to export most of the project). It seems like if I backup the primary database and try to import to the failover server, issues wouldn't port because of those custom fields.
Is this a correct assumption? When doing a backup of the JIRA db, is the idea to pretty much do a complete export/import/replace of the db? Will doing so grab everything within JIRA? Including things like those ScriptRunner behaviors I normally have to manually setup between environments?
Thanks!