I have a simple JIRA project with few stories, sub-tasks for each story and sprints. Here is the general structure we follow:
We have a User Story: ProjKey-01
And we have created subtasks under the story as below.
Subtask: ProjKey-2
Subtask: ProjKey-3
Subtask: ProjKey-4
Subtask: ProjKey-5
The team is logging effort against the sub-tasks. The stories and subtasks have simple workflow or TODO, INPROGRESS and DONE.
Our need is, whenever someone starts working on any subtask, they should move the subtask to INPROGRESS. This is happening correctly with team members updating the subtask status correctly.
We have one more need: the first person who starts working on any story should move the story to INPROGRESS. This is where we are not disciplined. So we start working on a story - its subtasks has effort logged against it, status is correctly updated for the subtask but the story is still in TODO status. I so wish JIRA automatically updates the story status as TODO (like Rally).
I want to filter out all such stories where we have this mismatch. Any suggestions how I can achieve this?
One way I was thinking is: to filter stories which have some effort logged against those. But since we log effort against sub-tasks, if I use timeSpent as filter criteria, the story doesn't show up. I need a filter criteria that will allow me to use sum of effort logged under the story. Any idea if this is possible in JIRA?