Hello community,
as mentioned above I'm trying to make my confluence server accessible by typing "https://sub.domain.tld" in my browser bar.
I googled a lot, searched the community & the Atlassian documentation - but I'm still far from getting it to work. So I hope someone can "take me by the hand" or at least point me at my mistakes to get it running.
So here's an overview on my environment and the steps I took:
<VirtualHost XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:7080>ServerName sub.domain.tld ProxyRequests OffProxyPreserveHost On RewriteEngine OnRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/synchronyRewriteRule ^/(.*) http://sub.domain.tld:8090/$1 [P] <Proxy *> Require all granted </Proxy> ProxyPass /synchrony http://sub.domain.tld:8091/synchrony <Location /synchrony> Require all granted RewriteEngine on RewriteCond %{HTTP:UPGRADE} ^WebSocket$ [NC] RewriteCond %{HTTP:CONNECTION} Upgrade$ [NC]RewriteRule .* ws://sub.domain.tld:8091%{REQUEST_URI} [P] </Location> ProxyPass / http://sub.domain.tld:8090 ProxyPassReverse / http://sub.domain.tld:8090 <Location /> Require all granted </Location> </VirtualHost>
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX = Ip of my server / sub.domain.tld = my subdomain
It would be create if you can help me out and point me to my mistakes!
Regards Nic
Hi Nicolas,
Try changing to (reason there is error: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG)
<VirtualHost _default_:80>
This will forward http://sub.domain.tld to ProxyPass http://sub.domain.tld:8090
For SSL, you'll have to forward 80 to https://sub.domain.tld and create
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
to forward 443 to http://sub.domain.tld:8090
More examples here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Jira-with-https-using-apache/qaq-p/706209
Since you are proxying the confluence, meaning that you should also declare this to the server.xml. Append to the <Connector section:
proxyName="<a href="https://sub.domain.tld:8090/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">sub.domain.tld</a>" proxyPort="80" scheme="http"
As above poster, and without much knowledge of plesk, you are exposing port 7080 but you are expecting to connect to 443.
@Edwin Kyalangalilwa & @Panos
Thanks for your hints! Tested them along with some more googled - but it just didn't work. By chance I found out that the content of my 'vhost.conf' (mentioned above) is displayed in Plesk under
Subscriptions -> Websites&Domains -> <your.domain> -> Apache & nginx Settings -> Additional directives for HTTP.
There's also a section for Additional directives for HTTPS wich was empty.
So I pasted the Code from HTTP to HTTPS and tried to save. Plesk gave me an Error pointing out that <VirtualHost XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:80> is not allowed in this directive. (I didn't get the Error earlier because I edited the code in 'vhost.conf' directly) -what should I say, after removing the incipient and the concluding <VirtualHost XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:80> code in both directives my instance is finally reachable under 'https://sub.domain.tld'.
So this problem is solved - but I ran in a new one:
Whenever using the editor sooner or later I get the Error described in this KNB Article . As I understand using a reverse proxy could cause this.
Does anyone see a mistake in the ProxyPass /synchrony part of my directive?
In the mentioned KNB Article there's a diagnostic step that recommends to visit http://websocket.org/echo.html to test the ability to establish a websocket connection.They provide html code to perform your own tests.I made an html document out of it wich I uploaded to the web root on my server.
When I try to access it the server returns a '403 Forbidden' Error.(When opening it locally it works properly)
Does this hint to an firewall rule on the server that prevents synchrony to work proper?
How are you accessing the synchrony from internet? You should use yourdomain/synchrony and not yourdomain:8091
You mean through the browser? Never tried this actually - only used it inside confluence.
In my apache conf I use this part of the directive:
<Proxy *> Require all granted</Proxy>ProxyPass /synchrony http://sub.domain.tld:8091/synchrony<Location /synchrony> Require all granted RewriteEngine on RewriteCond %{HTTP:UPGRADE} ^WebSocket$ [NC] RewriteCond %{HTTP:CONNECTION} Upgrade$ [NC] RewriteRule .* ws://sub.domain.tld:8091%{REQUEST_URI} [P]</Location>
im all set had a friend fix this for me
Appreciate if you could explain the details here so others could benefit from.
I am looking for instruction on how to install Jira, Confluence and bitbucket on Cpanel server.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.