We use both Jira and Confluence and started using them before the closer user integration features of the most recent versions.
Now we'd like to enable users to use a single sign-on and have the same account in both apps.
I've set up Jira and Confluence to use the same (Jira) User Directory and to be trusted apps. However, the confluence-users and confluence-administrators group in Jira do not correspond to the same groups in Confluence.
I logged into Confluence as an administrator and tried adding a Jira admin user to the confluence-users and confluence-administrators groups, but I got an error message:
Failed to modify group memberships.
Questions:
How do I merge the users in the Confluence directory into the shared Jira directory?
Once I've done that, how do I add them to groups within Confluence?
How do I make sure the confluence-users group in Jira is the same as the confluence-users group in Confluence?