when I click on create tab there are a list of attributes like epic, request type, and there are drop downs under many of those categories. How can I export all the contents of the attributes to an excel file?
Go to the "issues" menu and select "search". Search for the issues you want to see, then select "export to csv" from the tools menu.
I don't want to sort based on issues. I need to extract the attribute fields. For e.g. when I try to create a new issue, there are multiple fields (request type, issue type etc) under some of these fields there are drop downs. So I need an extract of all the fields that are present. not the actual data related to an issue
Oh, right, sorry. "List all the issues of a project" says you want a list of issues, not the fields that are available.
There's nothing in the UI other than the actual screens you use to create or edit, and you can only see those in Admin or by using the screens, which you'd then have to copy manually.
A better option is using the createmeta option in a REST call - see https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/#getting-metadata-for-creating-issues-examples Json will be easier to convert to excel than a screen-scrape.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! that was helpful
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.