I am asking this question openly in the hope that someone at Atlassian reads this and remembers how important users are.
At the moment I am running an own instance of Jira for the InvoicePlane open source project and have to use Jira at work. While the work-Jira is just basic issue tracking I can't control very much, being the admin of the InvoicePlane-Jira has led to countless hours of frustration and anger about stupid decisions, poor documentation and strange behaviour of the software itself.
I don't want to go into details right now because it would be just too much. Just too much issues and.. well.. quite stupid ones too. These issues let me to this point where I question the superiority of Jira and the competence as Atlassian behind it.
I can't speak for companies that actually pay for Jira. I know I should be grateful that Atlassian supports open source projects by offering the software for free. But I deeply regret spending so much time with Jira. Setup and installation, configuration, fixing problems and so on. Too much time I wasted on this instead of working on my software.
At the moment I am not sure if I could say that all these issues with Jira exist because Atlassian is a heavily greedy company and money is the only focus. But I already saw way too many Jira tickets for my exact problems that are open for years now, without any solution or closed with a resolution that expresses "we don't care about you and your problems". I really can't think of something that could be more worse to express for a company that develops software products.
For InvoicePlane as an open source project I have chosen Jira because it seemed way superior than Github issues back in 2014. Now I would like to move back. Because Jira makes more problems than it solves. And without any solution. Because Atlassian doesn't care. And for me it becomes worse with almost every release.
So my question to all other users and admins: are you happy with Jira as a software? What are your experiences? Do you have similar problems? Do you feel that Atlassian cares about your problems?