What is the difference between these 3:
Administrators
JIRA Administrators
Site Admins
I don't quite know which has what permissions.
The first can do most admin stuff, like creating users.
The second is the supersuer guy: Backup/Restores, this one can fully blow up a whole instance.
The third: You mean Project Admin, or? Site Admins are in Confluence. This one can manage all around one Project.
Thank you very much
On that first one, Administrators, can they create and administer projects, issue types, fields, workflows, and schemes for all projects?
I need an Admin role that can only create and delete users, nothing more. Is this possible?
Will i need to add a new permission like 'Add Users and Groups'?
I don't see a Project Admin role in our instance... Is it possible to create one?
Yes, the first one can configure Jira on content level.
No, you cannot restrict an admin only to manage the users. Then its better to introduce LDAP and add users from outside to Jira.
There is no role "Project Administrator". The permission is called "Administer Project", that can be mapped to a system-wide role named individually.
The best answer to this question has been covered by a dedicated article by Rachel Wright:
https://www.jirastrategy.com/content/who-does-what-in-jira
Thank you Sebastian. You have been very helpful!
Thank you Ignacio. I will review the article.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.