All,
During a sprint, QA team identified a defect for a Story. In our current setup, we have QA to create a subtask under the Story with Story Bug(Custom field). Using the current process, the Story cannot be completed until all the subtasks(QA defect is fixed). We want to have that control in place.
We want to move away from the above process instead use the Bug as Label for all future defects. In this process, someone can mark the story to be complete even though the defect is not fixed. I followed the below mentioned process:
Step 1: Create an issue
Step 2: Issue Type - Bug
Step 3: Linked Issues : I tried all combination ( is Blocked by, blocks, is a child of, is child of)
With all the above mentioned(Step 3) permutation, I am still able to mark the story as Done, without fixing the defect.
I want to know if there is any other condition I can use to ensure that the story cannot be marked as Done until the defect is fixed.
Thanks for your help